Student lodgings in Paris for our French language learners
For all students enrolled in our French classes in Paris, the École Suisse Internationale offers a free service to assist with finding accommodation.
Accommodation options are based inside the city of Paris or Greater Paris (accessible by metro) and are chosen with care according to location, comfort and amenities criteria.
- Arrival: Sunday from 6pm onwards (except in special circumstances).
- Departure: Saturday between 9am and 10am (except in special circumstances).
- Breakfast (B&B): Furnished room with a host family, breakfast included (possible independent access to kitchen for self-catering for dinner, subject to family approval).
- Half-board: Immersive homestay experience: breakfast +3 or +5 dinners per week, or all dinners during your stay. 5-dinner option only available for minimum 2-week stays.
- Prices apply from Sunday to Saturday
- All other requests will be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
(1) Minimum price, variable according to your chosen option (quotes upon request).
Categories defined according to comfort levels, room amenities and services provided.
(2) We systematically offer the price of the premium category:
- for guests aged 35 and over
- or to requests for a private bathroom or special dietary requirements (gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan), subject to availability.
(3) The premium category with 2 special features applies :
- to requests for a private bathroom + special dietary requirements (gluten-free, lactose-free or vegan), subject to availability
- or to requests from people aged 35 and over following a specific diet (gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan) or requiring a private bathroom (in both cases, subject to availability).
(4) Only for stays of 1 to 2 weeks or for under-18s (subject to availability).
Furnished one-room studios
Studios located in our school building for enrolled students are subject to availability (limited number). Rental costs start at 500€ for 4 weeks. Additional electricity and heating costs (from October to April) will likely apply.
Standard room (shower and WC) with breakfast included, located near school premises.
- 2-star 100€ - 120€/night (according to seasonal price variation)
- 3-star 140€ - 250€/night (according to seasonal price variation)
Fondation Suisse (Cité Universitaire).
Possibility to rent a room at the Fondation Suisse, only for July and August (and subject to availability).
Accommodation can only be procured for the duration of a student’s enrollment in one of our courses. Arrival and departure dates necessarily coincide with course dates. Accommodation assistance can only be provided after receipt of course fee payment. The École Suisse Internationale will provide all relevant details regarding accommodation around 2 weeks prior to course commencement, or later in the case of late enrollment.
All students must have insurance coverage (health and third-party liability), irrespective of their chosen accommodation option. For studio accommodation, students must take out insurance policies for the full duration of their rental period, covering any and all risks associated with property rental and in accordance with French law. All students must be able to provide proof of insurance upon request.
Payment must be made alongside the membership fee and paid in full at least 6 weeks before the beginning of the stay. The half-board option is for a minimum of 6 nights. If the guest has begun their lodging, the cost of accommodation is due in full. If the guest arrives late or leaves early, the cost of accommodation is due in full. Any additional services that were not rendered during the guest’s absence (meals) will not be reimbursed.
In the event of cancellation on the part of the guest:
- Less than 1 week prior to the beginning of your stay: 100% of the cost is retained.
- Between 1 and 2 weeks prior to the beginning of your stay: 50% of the cost is retained.
Accommodation reserved for long stays. Rent in full is to be paid alongside the membership fee. A deposit is also requested, equivalent to one month’s rent. This deposit will be returned in full on the final day, subject to the integrity of the inventory (or with a 4-week notice). Insurance policies covering any and all risks associated with property rental must be taken out for the full duration of the rental period and in accordance with French law. Our Parisian school office is at your disposal to provide advice regarding valid insurance options in France.
- Booking: a deposit equivalent to 4 weeks' rent must be paid within 15 days of receipt of the statement of charges. The studio will automatically be relet if the deposit is not paid within 15 days.
- The balance of the accommodation fees must be paid at the same time as the course fees, no later than 8 weeks before the start of the course.
- For any cancellation or modification less than 8 weeks before arrival, an amount equivalent to 4 weeks' rent will be retained.
- Early departure during your stay: please notify us in writing at least 4 weeks before your early departure. A cancellation fee of €250 will be retained by our school.